• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Zombies do not convert Villagers

JackieWildcat

Ive been attempting to get myself a villager trading hall but have run into a dilemma after around a dozen and a half villagers died at the hands of a zombie.
    After the first 10 died I asked the online players if they knew whether some feature of the server prevented this, they said no. Someone said they cant be converted in claims, so I got rid of the claim on that land and tried again. 5 more deaths. I even tried a different zombie (as the first one I had given a diamond sword) but got 3 more deaths.
    Now this could be horrible odds with the 50% rate, but it seems doubtful. And I just tried the same method in a creative single player world, just to see if I was doing something wrong, but I got 2 out of 5 villagers converted so I'm fairly certain its not a problem with my methods.
    And if this is a server feature it needs to be written somewhere since wasting a number of hours on this is rather infuriating.

Hello!

Sorry for the late response. Please check if this has been fixed now. I believe it should be.
    Okay just tested with the newly spawned ones and none of them converted either. Even trying with the zombies without tools in case the stuff I gave them to not despawn was effecting it.

Okay just tested with the newly spawned ones and none of them converted either. Even trying with the zombies without tools in case the stuff I gave them to not despawn was effecting it.
    I'm unsure if its related but within the time frame of my first reply to you and writing this 4 of the villagers I already had in my trading hall (one of which was a named tagged, naturally spawned cured zombie villager) have suddenly dissapeared. I had just seen them their a few minutes ago and Ive relogged and restarted to see if its a visual bug on my end but that didnt help. 3 villagers just 5 blocks from them are still there which is doubly odd to me.