• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Tips for players on the community #savethelandscape

The world is little messy?

• Total voters
    Hello everyone

I added to this post some images.

The title already says what I want to tell to you guys.
    When i walk through the server world on green, like every 200 blocks, I see half cutted tree's hanging in the air, Nether portals random in the world. 1x1/2x2 skyscrapers of grass and leaves. Random cobblestone through a whole dessert.

Please think a little bit about the landscape. If new people join the server most of them look if the world is a little bit clean.

Give your opinion about all this images below. lets clean the world a little bit :D
    2019-01-07_19.17.14.png
    2019-01-07_19.15.46.png
    2019-01-07_19.15.36.png
    2019-01-06_21.41.28.png

I do think the world is messy. I was thinking of ways we could clean up all the randoms stuff around the world together.

I agree its not a big mess but, we as community can clean up the random stuff in the different worlds. Because the worlds have much random stuff in the landscape...

I would do something about the little things like cobble trails, but the rules say we can't alter other people's work, no matter how dumb. Perhaps a suggestion of a task to give to the mods? Recruit about 1-4 to take a cardinal direction one day a month to restore or remove any trivial abandoned bits?

Yeah could be nice to do that! Good suggestion!

I know this is going to sound awfully extravagant, but what about a one-day Clean Our Maps event? Have people sign up on the forums. Those who sign up will be given one fly voucher. Personally, I would do 24-hours to build good will and reward those who help, but if 2-hour vouchers can be created, that would work also. (I mean, what is the worst that could happen?) Task everyone with flying around and cleaning up messes they find. Have staff available to clear or rollback larger areas. Encourage everyone to be in Discord.

Will some people take advantage of this to just work on their builds? Yeah. But I am thinking more will actively work to find and repair bad areas.

Also, it could be a staff duty: when you are flying around and notice random pillars and griefed areas, remove them. Or just hold a clean-up event for staff only and give them all fly for a day. It would be awesome if, as a bonus, they rolled back resources areas that are much in demand, like deserts.

I know this is going to sound awfully extravagant, but what about a one-day Clean Our Maps event? Have people sign up on the forums. Those who sign up will be given one fly voucher. Personally, I would do 24-hours to build good will and reward those who help, but if 2-hour vouchers can be created, that would work also. (I mean, what is the worst that could happen?) Task everyone with flying around and cleaning up messes they find. Have staff available to clear or rollback larger areas. Encourage everyone to be in Discord.

I think this sounds GREAT.

So, I have the digger job and I literally just go around destroying landscapes. Would the uninhabited biomes that I've destroyed get rolled back for the asthetics?

I often destroy landscapes to gather resources to put towards my projects. I'm not intentionally trying to make the word look ugly or anything, I just really need the resources.
    I agree that it would be nice to take down the pillars and random blocks scattered around the map, but I don't think we can do much about the destroyed landscape.

* Of course I try my best to make sure I'm not destroying land that other people are building on or are around!

I don't understand , why you have to grief a whole landscape if you have the job digger...
    I'm not griefing anything but the biomes that I tear apart don't look pretty. I'm just doing my job as a digger and digging sand. dirt, gravel, clay and terracotta. If I want to make any money as a digger I have to dig... How do you suggest I make money without digging away sand from a desert, gravel from an ocean or terracotta from a mesa? I try to leave them as neat as possible, I dig very flat and even. Some people just dig like maniacs though and it looks much worse than what I leave behind.

I'm not griefing anything but the biomes that I tear apart don't look pretty. I'm just doing my job as a digger and digging sand. dirt, gravel, clay and terracotta. If I want to make any money as a digger I have to dig... How do you suggest I make money without digging away sand from a desert, gravel from an ocean or terracotta from a mesa? I try to leave them as neat as possible, I dig very flat and even. Some people just dig like maniacs though and it looks much worse than what I leave behind.

If you are digging, just remind yourself that it would be nice if the biome is not gone... and people will only see stone or big holes in the ground...

If you are digging, just remind yourself that it would be nice if the biome is not gone... and people will only see stone or big holes in the ground...
    That makes no sense.... Why would I leave any behind? If I've got a place to grind materials and money then I'm going to do that. I shouldn't have to stop a layer before cobble to leave it "pretty." I'm not trying to leave it pretty. I just want to know what would be done with biomes that have been dug out already.

That makes no sense.... Why would I leave any behind? If I've got a place to grind materials and money then I'm going to do that. I shouldn't have to stop a layer before cobble to leave it "pretty." I'm not trying to leave it pretty. I just want to know what would be done with biomes that have been dug out already.

Okay, then just grief the landscape yeah... But looks shit ass fuck...

On a server I used to play on they had 2 different maps, one for building and one for gathering resources. The main, building world was just like what we have here with the big difference being that you couldn't break/place blocks unless you claimed the area first, aside from a few rather common ones like stone, wood planks, and a couple others. The resource world was there to, well, gather resources and would be reset/replaced every month. You could build in the resource world if you wanted but it would be reset and you'd lose everything.

Yes, people could still just claim an area, mine up what they wanted, and then unclaim it, but having the dedicated world drastically lowered the occurrence of this.

Now, implementing this same tactic here could be a bit tricky for a number of reasons.
    1) The player base was a bit larger, not quite a full 2x what we have here, so the ability to get hosting to support multiple worlds was easier. I want to say there were 3 or 4 different servers, each of which had their own build and resource world.
    2) The owner and 2 main admin-type people were code writing machines. I'd say at least 95% of the plugins they ran were modified in some way with well over half of them being built completely in-house so when they wanted to change/update something, they had free reign.
    3) People don't like change.

I'm sure there are many pros and cons but you probably get the idea.

I love servers with resource worlds that reset frequently, but it does require more server resources. They do ensure a steady supply of needed resources without decimating the main map.

Server staff that can code their own plugins are rare and much in demand. They are generally paid staff, which requires considerable financial resources, too.

On a server I used to play on they had 2 different maps, one for building and one for gathering resources. The main, building world was just like what we have here with the big difference being that you couldn't break/place blocks unless you claimed the area first, aside from a few rather common ones like stone, wood planks, and a couple others. The resource world was there to, well, gather resources and would be reset/replaced every month. You could build in the resource world if you wanted but it would be reset and you'd lose everything.

Yes, people could still just claim an area, mine up what they wanted, and then unclaim it, but having the dedicated world drastically lowered the occurrence of this.

Now, implementing this same tactic here could be a bit tricky for a number of reasons.
    1) The player base was a bit larger, not quite a full 2x what we have here, so the ability to get hosting to support multiple worlds was easier. I want to say there were 3 or 4 different servers, each of which had their own build and resource world.
    2) The owner and 2 main admin-type people were code writing machines. I'd say at least 95% of the plugins they ran were modified in some way with well over half of them being built completely in-house so when they wanted to change/update something, they had free reign.
    3) People don't like change.

I'm sure there are many pros and cons but you probably get the idea.
    I’m new to this server but I completely agree with this idea. This would solve part of issues and give us more to get resources.