• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Rules question/rant

LEEM0N

Is dropping some items near people classed as harassing? It is not explicitly stated in the rules so I will give my reasoning to why it is not. And especially why a warning is unfair in cases like these.

The only two rules related to harassing are #7 and #21. Where #7 doesn't relate to dropping items at all.

Harassing in chat is clearly defined:
    7. Harassment and excessive trolling are NOT allowed

For gameplay:
    21. Harassing people using morphs is not allowed. Be respectful when using them.
    Not about the main point but this rule about morphs is a little restrictive lol. Can't jump around someone as a morph or something like that???

I am aware of this rule and I used my sense of right and wrong to determine whether dropping blocks was harassing.
    - It would be impossible for us to list every possible wrongdoing in the rules. Use your sense of right and wrong to guide your actions on the server.
    You can still be punished for things that are not explicitly stated in the rules.

For someone to ask another to stop dropping blocks would be similar to asking someone to stop jumping around near them. If Someone can ask another to stop dropping items near/on them then I can ask someone to stop looking at me or I'm going to whine to helpers/mods/admins that he is harassing me.
    Can other's not respect another's right to play the game? (and by playing I mean dropping a handful of items where I please (within public areas).
    If someone doesn't like other's using the most basic in-game mechanics near them then they should fuck off to their claim or back to single player.

While I have no idea what any of this refers to, I figured I'd add my two cents.

I feel that yes, repeatedly dropping items on/near someone can be considered harassment. I can't think of a reason why someone would need to constantly follow another around while dropping items from their inventory especially when asked not to. If you have things you don't want they can always go into a community chest, into /disposal, or into a bit of lava. That last one might be the best way in this instance since it would allow one to use "the most basic in-game mechanic" to their little hearts content without burdening someone else with their trash (I don't care what was being dropped).

As for the "stop looking at me" question, if someone is constantly running around a person and getting in their face or even just simply standing by them, if they've been asked to leave/quit and they have refused then yes, I don't see why that couldn't be considered under the blanket of harassment also.

you could also just teleport away

That is generally the best thing to do with people that annoy you. Trying to reason or looking for a mod generally costs more time then just getting away. Wait a few minutes before returning and in most cases the person has left too, being bored all alone there. ;)

If the person is still around - waiting for you - then it is a clear a case of stalking. And the mod crew will make sure the person won't bother you anymore in the future. Right? :)