• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • RTP

SilkPenny

Does /rtp take players to the -recently expanded areas? I rtp all over the map and haven't been taken to the new areas once. Flying over them just now, I can see they are in untouched condition. As the map gets more crowded, I thought more players would move to the expanded areas! Are they finding it without walking?

I think the rtp radius isn't the entirety of the map, so to find areas that are significantly untouched someone would have to look a bit/go out past 5k in any direction. I know some people are planning to move once it gets expanded even more for 1.13 to have that content around them, some people just aren't bothering moving because they've started towns/made grinders etc in their current base that they don't want to remove.

Just an idea but add a portal or button that warps you to maybe like a mini spa wn out on the wild with a 100x100 border around it so people can get out to an area they won't be interupting older players expanding areas, but if implement it either now and move it after 1.13 or wait till 1.13 is released and fo that route, also it would be beneficial to maybe add an explanation of the basics for new players just so they don't have to ask the cat for the basics. For instance alot of new players who aren't that experienced with servers don't understand the border around spawn where you can't edit the terrain so maybe add a floating text thingy that explains /rtp and not building too close to other people. If of course it's not already a thing.

Last edited:
    I'm fairly sure there's something in the tutorial that says to /rtp to get to the wild, but I'll check again later. I don't understand what you mean by mini spawn, could you elaborate please? From what I understand the bits and pieces, you mean like a small spawn in maybe opposing ends of the border? I disagree with this as it takes away land people can build on in unexplored areas, they need only put in effort to find an area they like, which is incredibly worth it, rather than just settling in already explored areas because they don't want to explore or something.

PS: Hab, I didn't misspell anything, thanks...

No, the tutorial doesn't mention /rtp and I really think it should because it's one of the best features of Vulengate. I noticed on oldred and oldblue, it used to pop up when you spawned in after the tutorial. That looked great. I think we lose some new players because they don't know we have it. I've actually talked to people who had been playing for a week and didn't know!

If I came in today and RTPed around, I would never know without asking that RTP doesn't truly take you to random places on the map. I might leave if I trekked around for an hour or two and never found a desirable biome or a place without others building nearby, you know? That's exactly what I think is happening.

I'm fairly sure there's something in the tutorial that says to /rtp to get to the wild, but I'll check again later. I don't understand what you mean by mini spawn, could you elaborate please? From what I understand the bits and pieces, you mean like a small spawn in maybe opposing ends of the border? I disagree with this as it takes away land people can build on in unexplored areas, they need only put in effort to find an area they like, which is incredibly worth it, rather than just settling in already explored areas because they don't want to explore or something.

PS: Hab, I didn't misspell anything, thanks...
    :3 was accident on the misspell rating

I am not sure, but it seems that you rtp to chunks that have been loaded in the past. I think you gotta run around in a direction for awhile so more chunks render. Any one want to change my mind?