• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • /Ranks - Improved Presentation of Information

Blackwood

SUGGESTIONS

"/Ranks - Improved Presentation of Information"
    1. After advancing from one rank to another the rank which the user has advanced from is then considered "Locked" as if it has not been attained by the user already, such as ranks which are ahead of the ranks they are currently at.

I propose changing the "LOCKED" to "UNLOCKED" and changing the color of the word from red to green.

Why? The ranks have already been attained and are no longer locked, but, are unlocked.

2. In the /Ranks menu the ranks which are considered "LOCKED" are represented by an Ender Pearl and ranks which are available to be unlocked by the user are represented by an Eye of Ender and this includes ranks which have already been attained but are still considered locked.

I propose that ranks which have been unlocked are represented by an Eye of Ender and ranks which have not been unlocked are represented by Ender Pearls.

Why? Aesthetically more pleasing presentation.

3. Prices for ranks which users have not attained are only available for listing if the rank is the next advancement of their rank, it does not include all of the ranks - just the closest one to the user's current rank.

I propose that this be changed and all prices for the ranks which have not been attained are listed. I also propose that the color of the prices for ranks which have not been attained and are not the next immediate rank be listed in red or a shade of red, similar to the immediate next rank being listed in green, or a shade of green.

Why? Information will prove useful for users attempting to advance and progress through in-game ranks.

I think ranks used to be presented in a similar fashion to what you're describing but were changed over time to the way they look now due to issues such as not being able to purchase the next rank. I don't know what was changed with the plugin but the fix seems to work since I've not heard about any of the problems that existed before but unfortunately we now have the not so great looking list of the ranks.

I think ranks used to be presented in a similar fashion to what you're describing but were changed over time to the way they look now due to issues such as not being able to purchase the next rank. I don't know what was changed with the plugin but the fix seems to work since I've not heard about any of the problems that existed before but unfortunately we now have the not so great looking list of the ranks.
    Thanks for responding, again. I would just say on this that it is certainly unfortunate that that has occurred and that I would suggest perhaps looking for an alternative method of making it work as it looks rather ugly and although not a critical issue or anything of the sort, simply should be changed. If absolutely all of my three suggestions here are not able to be implemented due to a bug or error and those who currently handle such things cannot possibly find a workaround, perhaps outsourcing someone who can would be an idea.

I propose that the cost of all ranks be shown. People ask all the time and few people know.
    I only proposed the ranks which are yet to be gained as surely if you've ranked up past that rank you'd be aware of how much it cost and would probably be of little relevance to you either since you have already attained that rank. But, you're along the same lines as me on this subject regardless. Thanks for commenting!