• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • mobs per chunk?

ozama

Server: Red

well i made a mob trap to kill blazes and farm some xp, i put 4 blaze spawners to acelerate the process, but people said in chat that the server have a mob limit per chunk (normal in every server obviously). So i chose 4 chunks and put one mob spawner each, in theory each one will spawn normally and mobs will disappear when reach the limit in that chunk. But it don't work, i remove torchs of right spawners and wait, and after a while i remove the torch of left spawners. The result you see in the images below

image 1.png

chunks 1 and 3 are conected and dark, but empty.
    chunks 2 and 4 are conected and dark, but full of mobs

image 2.png

this is my layout, the two cages of chunk 2 and 4 (illuminated only to print) and working fine. the other side is exactly the same

image 3.png

What did I do wrong?

I believe the collection point is too close, I don't think the mobs spawns are per chunk, but rather 8 blocks in a circle (tho I could be wrong) and the collection point may be too close to the spawner, so the ones on the right aren't spawning because it reads the other mobs spawned in from the other 2 spawners you have.

I believe the collection point is too close, I don't think the mobs spawns are per chunk, but rather 8 blocks in a circle (tho I could be wrong) and the collection point may be too close to the spawner, so the ones on the right aren't spawning because it reads the other mobs spawned in from the other 2 spawners you have.

got it

thanks