• Magnet Mod

Magnet Mod

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
    • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

Darth_Vader

As part of the "Improved Survival Experience" can we get a magnet mod added? By magnet I mean you can attract dropped items from further away. That was you do not have to stand right onto of something to get it to come into your inventory.
    -Vader

I also like the idea of this, but I think it could cause many people to lag and could deter instead of intruiging the players on this server

5 Blocks?? That is a bit too far maybe, tbh I am happy with the radius rn, don't see why we need a larger one XD

-Pter

Its just a convenience, its useful when you build a lot. its also nice so if you drop something in a cave, water doesn't immediately wash it into lava among many other things.

One issue I can see with this is that players could use it to steal items from other people- e.g. by standing near them when they harvest farms

If someone purposely and consistently steals from others it can be reported to the Mod crew. I think it won't take long before a player that doesn't respect "fair play" like that gets banned from the server. Right? ;) Range for picking up drops/loot will not make players less nice players.

There is though something less convenient when expanding the radius. And that is gets harder to get rid of stuff you don't want to bring along with you. I don't know how it is with you peoples, but I have for example more then enough double chests with cobblestone in my storage. When mining I prefer to drop the cobblestone stacks behind me, leave them behind, to free up space in my inventory when continuing mining.

If the range would be extended, then you would be practically forced to dump the stuff in a lava or cactus trash bin or a deep hole in the ground, otherwise before you have dropped the second stack on the ground, the first one is collected back into your inventory. Not very convenient I would say.

^. Also even though people will get banned if they steal, that does not stop them from stealing and getting the person into a bad mood. Griefing is banned, and that still happens, so to open another window of crime seems like a bad idea. Also all the fuss to create a plugin like that and notify everyone would create a massive fuss.

Just My Opinion,

-Pter

What I'm trying to say isn't that stealing doesn't happen now, but that it'll be easier with a magnet mod and people can steal from further away, potentially leading to more instances of theft and putting stress on the staff team

Although I like the idea it kinda allows people to steal mob drops from private mob farms. Since items dont immediately go into hoppers players who have this magnet mod would be able to steal the drops.

Then have it toggleable and on a timer like the last server I was on. You go to help on a farm, turn it off.