• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • @Feather and the Staff team.

Caleb

It's quite interesting that the goto method for punishment is a permanent ban. I suppose that the degree of punishment would make sense for caustic offenses that included bigotry or server defamation, but the fact that I can get permabanned while simultaneously being muted and causing little disruption is grounds for questioning. I'll provide context.

I logged onto the server at the request of a friend, with whom I wanted to play. It's always interesting to get a feel for how the server community reacts to certain types of humor, and so I began to probe for what specifically I was allowed to express. I joined the community discord and bantered as I would with any of my friends. I received little reciprocation that what I was doing was offending or hurting anybody, but despite that, I still ended up getting muted in discord. This is the first example of flawed management. A warning is mandatory for mild offenses, but ignoring that protocol and taking drastic measures at such trivial situations is kind of embarrassing for the server. If anybody, whether it be a server or government has to rule by fear, fear instilled through harsh consequences for arbitrary "crimes," it has always ended poorly. Think denouncement in Nazi Germany or the leadership of Stalin and Mao. I'm not saying something as small as a Minecraft server meets the same qualifications as a country, but the principle is still valid.

Going further, I was muted in-game. This was a fair punishment, I spammed something I think, and though I didn't know the rules, I understand that ignorance of the law isn't a valid excuse. I'm not a sovereign member. However, I was subsequently banned for "no motive to play." That's disgusting. How can you know if I wished to play? The very reason I got on was to play with someone who is already an active member. I find it completely unnecessary to permanently ban me for your own speculation. Miss me with that. Any attempts to reason further were immediately met by more punishments instead of resolving a solution. Any decent moderator, whether it be on a silly minecraft server or in real life, knows that de-escalation is the best solution for resolving conflict. You're only instigating more problems by meeting behavior with aggression. That's my 2 cents. I want to play, but if the staff members continue to pursue this method of settlement, I want no part of it.

EDIT: If you want to forum ban me, I suppose you'll just be proving my point.

Caleb, even from what you have said here, you don't just try and "probe" and see how far you can take something before being punished. Secondly, if a new player spams it really shows that you don't care about the rules or want to play. I believe you have been punished fairly but if you don't like the way the staff here punish players then you don't have to play here, no ones forcing you to. Or, if you feel that staff punished you unfairly dm a higher position staff member and sort it out.

If you do want to play, here's the link to ban appeals --> https://www.vulengate.com/forums/Appeal/

Caleb, even from what you have said here, you don't just try and "probe" and see how far you can take something before being punished. Secondly, if a new player spams it really shows that you don't care about the rules or want to play. I believe you have been punished fairly but if you don't like the way the staff here punish players then you don't have to play here, no ones forcing you to. Or, if you feel that staff punished you unfairly dm a higher position staff member and sort it out.

If you do want to play, here's the link to ban appeals --> https://www.vulengate.com/forums/Appeal/
    Maybe probe is the wrong word, it wasn't like I was stretching every possible option I had, I was moreso trying to understand the community. Like at school, not all jokes are appropriate in certain friend groups, it's the same kind of idea.