• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Difficulty Increase

Dailyweekend

After playing on the server for a wee bit I noticed that the difficulty looks to be set to normal. Given that MC itself isn't inherently a tough game anyway, I would like to suggest that when things get updated to 1.13 (or sooner but that seems like a good time to do it) that the difficulty is also bumped up to hard.
    The only people I could see this potentially affecting negatively would be someone who is both brand new to the server and very unfamiliar with the game in general, which would be few and far between.

I disagree- I personally don't like to fight mobs for example as I am kind of terrible at fighting mobs due to a medical condition affecting my wrist and fingers. There are also a lot more players than you think that don't have the gear or the ability to survive at hard difficulty, and I don't think it'd be very welcoming to new players unless Vulengate is advertised as a hard server

Is hard really that more difficult?
    Here's the difference of "normal" vs "hard" from the wiki:

Normal: Hostile mobs spawn, and will deal standard damage. The hunger bar can deplete and will leave the player with 1 () if it drains completely. Villagers killed by zombies have a 50% chance of turning into a zombie villager.

Hard: Hostile mobs spawn, and deal greater damage than on Normal difficulty. The hunger bar can deplete and the player will starve to death if it drains completely. Zombies can break through wooden doors and can spawn reinforcements when attacked. Villagers killed by zombies have a 100% chance of turning into a zombie villager. Spiders can spawn with status effects.

I don't feel the difference is significant. The only time I think it really shows is when you get snuck up on by a mob and do a slight panic while drawing your weapon. Other than that, if you are actively going mob hunting then you are prepared for a fight anyway.
    I could see the ability for zombies to be able to break wooden doors as a potential problem since if someone hasn't been online in a while, or someone not aware of the change, uses wooden doors, they might get an unexpected surprise but those would probably be few and far between.

I don't know. Maybe we can make a brand new servers that has Hard difficulty, but still have our current Red, Green, and Blue mormal difficulty servers.

I think it is fine as it is, Vulngate is not really full survival server its more about coming together as a community and having fun I might agree more if the server was more focused on pvp and everyone for them self's.