• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Concerns with this server

Pter

Recently, I have been noticing a lot of bullying on green and the other servers.

In the chats, I have seen an increase in bullying and people being really to each other. It really hurts me to see it, even when the people are bullying someone else. This is why I will apply to be a helper, because I want to put a stop to this horrid behavior. I think on a server like this, with so much potential, this should be controlled.

If you agree, please give me a rating, every single one helps me get one step closer to getting to be a helper to put a stop to this.

-Pter

I agree there's been some harsh words said on green, mostly from people who don't understand that words hurt and need to evaluate what they're saying before they say it. But also from trolls, people who come on just to upset others or something of the like. It's not explicitly stated that bullying, or simply being rude to one another is against the rules, and many trolls can get away with things because they're smart about it. I think instead of coming from an authoritative position on this it'd be more effective if you just stood up for people that others were being rude to. For instance, just being a friend, not arguing and just trying to calm them down and being supportive to people being bullied. Being a helper/staff might make your word carry more, but being a friend is more effective ^.^

I totally agree with you panser, and I will try my best to become a troll stopper on the servers.

I suppose that's one way to look at what I said xD just remember not to encourage them which is hella easy to do since theyre trolls.

Servers should be enjoyable for all who participate. I rarely pay much attention to chat, sorry to say. As it distracts me from developing my game play. Were I to notice offensive behaviour then I would certainly be inclined to interveve. There should be a means of reporting people easily, so if someone is reported then it is taken seriously and action taken promptly. Although helpers are usually present, there are times in the day when this does not appear to be so. In these cases something like /report [name] should be connected to chat, if this is possible and a chat log recorded so there is no excuse for the offensive or bullying behaviour can easily be noted and checked at.

I agree that more action should be taken against trolls and people with offensive behavior. A chat log would be a great idea and I think it would allow helpers to see inappropriate chat messages even when they are not online. Stopping these from happening can be harder though. One way is to give them warnings and then soft mutes or try to befriend them and calm them down. I would definitely take the befriend route, but this can often not work, and will end with aggressive behavior, no matter how persistent you are. I do see a lack of awareness in this sector, and therefore made this this thread so more people become aware of the issue.

Also, the people being bullied can get really hurt, and I think that the helpers should take great care in trying to make them feel happier and more reassured.

Yes i feel there's been a whole lot of harshness on the green server recently and its really not nice and i would love if we could lessen it or stop it i don't mind a few swear words said but when people start being rude to others its not right.

Yeah... there is nothing wrong with the odd curse here and there, but when people overdo it, it just makes them and even the server look bad if it isn't dealt with properly. On top of that, respect seems to have disappeared from a lot of people which is unfortunate.

Yes, everyone should know that sometimes what you mean to be a joke or what you mean as sarcasm may not be perceived as such by others. But also people should take some things with a grain of salt because usually the people saying these hurtful things are 6-12 year old who think they can get away with it because its over the internet. As far as people who are just plain jerks, use that nifty /ignore command or just tell staff that they are bullying. You can almost always find a staff member on one of the three servers to assist you.