• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • a few things to consider...

mar1hu4na

Hi,
    I encountered a couple of issues i'll list here. No hurry, since these are rather minor things, but some of those should be fairly easy to fix. I apologize in advance if anything I'll say should be trivial or already dealt with. If "Suggestions" is the wrong place to put this up, please move to the right forum. These issues apply to the green server mainly, but I figure you'd have the same setup on the others (didn't check it out too closely), so except for the "end issue" these problems should be universal.

1. There's an issue with enchantsPlus, i figure. If you try activating a beacon with armor put on granting you effects the beacon may also grant, it refuses to work. You would have to take that piece of armor off in order to get it to work properly. Maybe you would want to contact the developers on this. I've got no further experience with that plugin since I never used (bought) it myself, so chances are that this issue's got another cause.
    And then there's "Rejuvination". Maybe, once you're telling the developer about the other issue, you could mention the correct spelling of that word, too :D

2. Votifier does sometimes not recognize votes. Again, I have no further experience with that plugin since I never used it myself.

EDIT: This issue recently occured to other players as well.

3. It is still difficult to get to The End. /warp endfish tells you that there's a hole in the ground and the portals seem to be claimed and blocked, so technically the only way to get to The End is asking someone to teleport - which is quite annoying. With "still difficult" i'm referring to the ~2 weeks I've been playing on this server now. The warp never worked during that time.

EDIT: After searching and finding several different portal spots in the overworld, I eventually found one that was not destroyed or blocked, but claimed by Ubruntu1 and kept open to the public. Might still be hard to find, but it's fine; good job saving this up for everyone. Still, if that warp is supposed to be kept open you might want to fix it anyways.

4. Maybe you guys should consider restricting usage of /fly in the End and the Nether since it kind of takes away the point about these worlds. People would fly around mining Blaze Spawners, looting End Villages etc. without having to take the actual risks and thus gaining a huge advantage over other players. I kept my servers in a way that people could buy a permanent permission to use /fly - for the overworld; Nether and End would not have /fly permitted. Everyone I know running 50+ servers and all the servers I played on myself also kept it that way (don't get me wrong here; I'm not implying to sell /fly for real money; just saying to restrict it in Nether and End). Another positive result would be that these worlds will not be looted as fast thus making it unnecessary to reset more often. Furthermore the world size will be kept to a minimum for a longer period of time.

EDIT: I'd maybe say having fly in the End is fine, but it just makes the Nether too easy. I just thought of /fly more as an overworld help to speed up building etc. Anyways, this "issue" is negligible, since the whole idea about only granting /fly via vouchers already cuts it down pretty much. I really like that approach.

5. Maybe adjust the functionality of /r. Now this really is a minor issue, since the only "problem" is that you might accidentally reply to the wrong person, but anyways. In essentials' config there's an option to set this from lines 491 to 498 (should be). I don't think I need to explain this any further. I've got this set up as true and 30secs timeout which never caused any problems.

6. The server sometimes lags and drops ping with only a few poeple online. That might be caused by people being spread randomly across overworld, Nether and End but might also be caused by memory leak. Additionally the spawn is really laggy even if there's noone else around. Maybe it's because of Denizens (I don't think so, though) or it's because of the animals spread around - no idea. Usually I try to leave the spawn soon, only using keys or warps etc.. Dunno. Maybe that's only me... I happen to have a ping between 100 and 200 most of the time, so it might not be an universal issue, but maybe you have a look at it.

7. When riding a horse, nocheatplus (or whatever you use; didn't check) would sometimes kick you for "sending too many packages". I've heard others encountering similar issues.

8. When unmounting your horse in foreign territory either by pressing shift or glitching it is quite difficult to get that horse out of that claim. Dunno if GriefPrevention has an option for that - never used it myself (only had lwc and the like in combination with wg and plots etc.)

So, yeah. I'm done. Thanks for reading and please excuse the many words I made ;). If there's anything inappropriate to publically post, feel free to scold, make private or remove :D
    Keep up the good work!

Last edited: