• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Wither Skeleton farm help

JackieWildcat

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I can't quite say its a bug yet so I dont think I can post it in the bug forum.

So I've been trying to make a wither skeleton farm, I found what I initially thought was a good spot to put one, a corner of a nether fortress over a lava lake. Less space to spawn proof.

I started building my platform, and had both blazes and wither skeletons spawn on the edges (so I know its in the right area) but once I filled the area with wither roses (since only wither skeletons are suppose to be able to spawn on top of wither roses) absolutely nothing spawned

I tried asking in chat if WSs were bugged and got 'its lag'. But the next day I went to check if WSs still spawned at the PW netherplatform and they spawn fine there.

Today I tried removing some of the roses, giving some free spaces for regular sized mobs to spawn, but somehow just magma cubes are spawning (I read the big magmas need a 3X3 space to spawn and I didnt leave gaps that big but somehow theyre still spawning there? Partially on top of wither roses).

At this point I'm just frustrated since Ive spent probably 6 hours on this darn platform and somehow had more ghasts spawn (before the wither roses) then actual WSs.

Can someone please help or test to see if its a bug? I'm not the smartest minecrafter, I usually just follow tutorials, but I did research and troubleshooting and just cant figure it out. Potentially Im just missing something stupid

I have spawn proofed the majority of the surrounding area with slabs. And I know it *should* be possible since there's a pretty fast WS farm on purple I believe? The only thing I can think of is that they can only spawn on nether brick, but then why do things also say they spawn on wither roses but you cant place them on nether brick?

I should have had at least ONE spawn at this point you would think?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I can't quite say its a bug yet so I dont think I can post it in the bug forum.

So I've been trying to make a wither skeleton farm, I found what I initially thought was a good spot to put one, a corner of a nether fortress over a lava lake. Less space to spawn proof.

I started building my platform, and had both blazes and wither skeletons spawn on the edges (so I know its in the right area) but once I filled the area with wither roses (since only wither skeletons are suppose to be able to spawn on top of wither roses) absolutely nothing spawned

I tried asking in chat if WSs were bugged and got 'its lag'. But the next day I went to check if WSs still spawned at the PW netherplatform and they spawn fine there.

Today I tried removing some of the roses, giving some free spaces for regular sized mobs to spawn, but somehow just magma cubes are spawning (I read the big magmas need a 3X3 space to spawn and I didnt leave gaps that big but somehow theyre still spawning there? Partially on top of wither roses).

At this point I'm just frustrated since Ive spent probably 6 hours on this darn platform and somehow had more ghasts spawn (before the wither roses) then actual WSs.

Can someone please help or test to see if its a bug? I'm not the smartest minecrafter, I usually just follow tutorials, but I did research and troubleshooting and just cant figure it out. Potentially Im just missing something stupid

I have spawn proofed the majority of the surrounding area with slabs. And I know it *should* be possible since there's a pretty fast WS farm on purple I believe? The only thing I can think of is that they can only spawn on nether brick, but then why do things also say they spawn on wither roses but you cant place them on nether brick?

I should have had at least ONE spawn at this point you would think?
    what server? I could take a look if you want