• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Regarding the Hobo cap/ Hobo Pick for newcomers

Mujje

Hey!
    Im Mujje from server blue!

I find it annoying that when a new player joins it takes up 1-2 lines of the chat to say welcome, followed by 2 more lines congratulating a player for unlocking 2 achievements (I think it's "Suit up" and "isnt that iron pick").

I dont know about you guys but I get annoyed when i see it xDD

A solution would be to make the newcoming player redeem a one time kit (maybe "/Kit newcomer", name can be switched out), that way the player feels more rewarded/ feels like he/she did earn the achievements instead of getting it from out of nowhere leaving them confused (super extreme)

Another solution can be that once they have followed a guide (showing how to vote/ use keys/ warp center etc) they get rewarded with iron pick and iron helmet.

My main goal is that I want to make a newcoming player feel like they earned the achievement, instead of getting it for free just for logging in on our awesome server!

Yes I do believe the entire thing with the two extra achievements can be avoided as it does break up the chat quite a bit

yes I also like welcoming people to the server, I remember when I came on people were really friendly to me, maybe it is good to have the achievemants. Making people feel happy like this could allow you to make friends or for them to actually stay on the server becuase of the nice people

It doesn't really seem like a big issue nor is it much of an eyesore. It does help current players see new players join allowing them to welcome said newbie.