• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Privately owned (but publicly accessible) warps to player's bases

MickRaak

Like the title suggest i was wondering if it were possible for people to be able to create a warp to their base. Currently when you want to visit someone else's base you have to write down their coordinates and travel to that destination by foot, which is a bit bothersome at times.

These warps can greatly increase player driven economy by allowing for more versatile shops and possibly even access to farm etc.

The warp might cost money to create or require a certain rank.

let me know what you think!

Ofcourse, however this poses serious limitations. My suggestion would then circumvent these limitations and expand possibilities of player interaction

The main issue this poses is making the market obsolete for many players. Public warps would allow players to create massive shops that far outclass the forest and mushroom market plots. Any large shop made by a influential would gain a well known public image, thus making the daily payment market plots useless. Currently the markets are a core part of the economy and adding warps would drastically alter the state how goods flow.

Well, I suggested the pwarps 2 times and this last was a few days ago. Kureen's words was "Player warps is something that we are looking into but haven't found a plugin that works the way we want it to work". At least there's the possibility of having the pwarps someday.

tbh, most of the public shops iv been into have been badly designed (I was actually trapped in one or two for a while, lolz), badly labeled (if labeled at all) products, no real organization in the layouts and ,once you actually manage to find the thing your looking for, 9 times out of 10, its not in stock. There are a few very rare exceptions to this, no need to name names, you all know who they are. Allowing players to easily and simply make there own pw would for sure spawn quite a few similar shops I am sure, but, would also promote healthy competition. Which in almost all cases would make things better, shopwise, for everyone.

Quoting Mathew, "The main issue this poses is making the market obsolete for many players. Public warps would allow players to create massive shops that far outclass the forest and mushroom market plots. Any large shop made by a influential would gain a well known public image, thus making the daily payment market plots useless. Currently the markets are a core part of the economy and adding warps would drastically alter the state how goods flow"

Well, all I can say to that is GOOD. If peeps are allowed to step up the shopping experience of other players and the Markets in place don't keep up with that then, in all fairness, so what. No-one to blame but the owners of the shops.

Anyhow, that's my two cents worth. I do hope you'll agree with me and someone with the ability to sort it out reads this and agrees also :)

Last edited: