Please add the /wwarp plugin

• yes, i would like this to be added

Votes: 1 50.0%
    • No, leave it like it is

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

SampleMaster

Hi everyone :)

I have a suggestion for a plugin: "Welcome Warp Signs".

I noticed we have some marketplaces, but they aren't really big and all places are taken.
    I do believe the servers run a chestshop plugin so people can make chestshops on their claims. Now i notice a lot of people as in chat "who sells ****" and then TP to that person.

With "Welcome Warp Signs" ever player can place 1 warp-sign on their claim, if they place a 2nd one, the old one gets disabled. On the 1st line they need to write the text: [Welcome] and on the other lines whatever he/she wants. Other players can go to that player-warp, even if someone isn't online.

Let's say i place a warp-sign on my claim, others can go their by typing: /wwarp SampleMaster
    If they don't know what wwarps there are, they can just issues /wwarp and see a nice GUI with all wwarps.

This plugin will open opportunities for shop owners to sell stuff, and for other players to find what they need.

I hope you can take this plugin in to consideration: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/welcome-warp-signs.12256/
    (it's working up to 1.13.2 - Checked it myself, i have run a dutch based server network for a few years)

What do the rest of the Vulengate players think? Add this or no?

Last edited:
    With /ah and the 24 market stores, I think there's enough access to sales and purchasing opportunities. I turn a lot of product on Green never having had a market presence, so I don't see more shops as a great advance for the server.

But I do see other benefits to this plugin. To me, the multiplayer interactive experience should be encouraged, and off the top of my head I've thought of some other ways the plugin could be leveraged.

One is it would help players collaborate on builds. For instance, I wanted to help Raven_Drake (then King_Maynard) build Minas Morgul before it got a town warp, but I could only contribute while he was online because I didn't have any /homes to spare. So I only made it there 2 or 3 times.

It would also allow players to share their xp/item grinders, for all players to use, including Clue Scroll Island, without requiring players -- especially lower ranked ones -- to spend a precious /home to be able to return there.

Maybe the greatest benefit for the server would be all the beautiful, fun and engaging things people would have significantly greater incentive to build. For sure there's people who build only for the love of building, and they play local single player. People building on multiplayer likely want to share their masterpieces with everyone. It seems kinda sad that people have to come online and invite people to come see their massive base, art gallery or epic amusement park build, and only 1 or 2 people show up. It'd be better if people could just go and visit whenever it occurred to them. More players would build epic things if they knew more people could come and visit (without having to build yet another town just to get a warp).

One of the reasons I stopped working on my base's maze (my base itself actually is a maze) is that I had to invite people to come solve it, which meant a time when I wasn't working, and was in the mood for hosting. Maybe a couple would come, or usually none would. If it were as simple as hearing that BH had a cool maze to be able to visit whenever, my focus would almost entirely be on that build. As it is, I'm pretty much just focusing on climbing /baltop, which brings the server no benefit at all.

So that's my take.

Last edited: