• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Number of /Sethomes

SilkPenny

I am told this is working as intended, but I was surprised and dismayed to discover that the additional /sethomes awarded with in-game ranks do not stack with /sethomes obtained with purchased ranks.

Claim blocks gained through in-game ranks stack with the purchased ones. I think the Reasonable Man legal standard applies here: any reasonable consumer would believe that the /sethomes (like the claim blocks) would stack. I might not have purchased the in-game ranks if I had known in advance.

The purchase page for Ranks does not state that the benefits do not stack. To be honest, I also assumed it would be like most games - that by purchasing MVP, I would also gain the benefits of the previous ranks. This is industry standard for servers selling ranks.

I am limited to 12 /sethomes and while I love this server, its staff and community, THIS doesn't set well with me. I've brought new players to the server and hope to bring more if I livestream my gameplay here. I need to know I am bringing my young friends to an ethical business.

I think ALL of the in-game rank benefits should stack with purchased rank benefits. To comply with consumer law, the Ranks page on the website needs to have a disclaimer making it clear which benefits do or do not stack. In both cases, my purchases have been motivated by the need for more /sethomes.

Since it does not and I made my purchases - both in-game and on the website - in good faith, I am politely asking that the /sethomes stack.

The reason why they don't stack is because they don't know how to make it stack. If they knew how to make it stack i am sure they would make it work that way. But as you are saying, this should be made more clear on the rank pages.

I've run dozens of public Minecrafts servers and it's all about permissions. New permission groups can quickly be created for each combination - MVP plus Sentinel, for example - and the permissions adjusted accordingly. Given that this server runs darn near flawlessly, it a pretty easy fix and one I would expect them to make when people are spending actual money on ranks.

I apologize if I am coming across harshly, but I feel strongly about this and I want the /sethomes I bought - both in-game and with cash. I hope to enjoy this server for a long time and will bring players to Vulengate, but I need to trust it.

I'm bumping this because a) it still bothers me that in-game ranks only stack some things (and not others) with purchased ranks. My issue is with sethomes and it's increased since I open a market shop and thanks to the issues with the mob limiter. All of my sethomes are critical to keeping my shop stocked. Because the mob limiter is borked, it's necessary for me to make the most of each sethome: a farm, animal pen, a mine, whatever...at each sethome. I've got sheep all over the server! It's a PITA and leaves me with no sethomes for rare places for resources, the enderman farm, shared bases, mob grinders, etc.

I have two suggestions:

1. I think it should be made clear when purchasing ranks for RL money that they do not stack with in-game ranks, or list what does/does not stack.

2. Another idea is to give those who own market plots additional sethomes to help them run their market more efficiently.