• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Making Market more user-friendly

Nard_

I posted this suggestion on Discord but thought it could be polished if I were to put it on here, rather than getting lost in the river of chat. I apologize if anyone has already suggested it beforehand.

There are quite a number of people that have already set up shop in the close vicinity of the spawn of market, at least of what I can see on the Green Server. Already though I feel overwhelmed by the numerous large structures and the wide variety of outlets I am able to shop at, due to being so used to the previous smaller market system of the old servers. I think it has definitely crossed the mind of many players, especially @Lunario and his post, that it would be much easier to shop in the more localized shops than to explore deeper into the market. But even with all the shops in the close vicinity of spawn, it still may take some time for a player to find what they are exactly looking for without any real indication of what a store is carrying, so they may waste a lot of time exploring the stores. On the other hand, the center/spawn plot seems to be very awkward in being a mere purposeless grass-field meant only to house the spawn-point and a welcome sign. Perhaps the center plot could be more properly utilized to help both the experienced and inexperienced consumer?

Possibly set up some advertisement boards on Ashinos plot and allow players to rent out advertising space for their shop? Players could rent out spaces of 1x1, 2x2, and 3x2s. The larger advertising spaces would be in lesser quantity, higher in rent, and higher in demand. Here is a mock-up of the 1x1 rentable spaces board I made, just as in example. I didn't spend much time on it to show my point:
    2018-04-18_23.20.46.png
    These boards are meant for only 1x1 rentable spaces, which you could either put a sign or an artmap showing your goods. There should be an option of a teleportation to the plot to the sign if the renter chooses to do so, with an added fee.
    2018-04-18_23.44.16.png
    The 2x2/3x2 area is meant for players who choose to rent more larger and more dedicated advertising space.2018-04-18_23.25.22.png
    ALL OF THESE ARE JUST MEANT TO BE EXAMPLES.

Of course there are some flaws such as the possibility of discouraging players from exploring naturally in the market world, and it is open for discussion. The main point of this suggestion is to make the market world more traversable and more user-friendly and give exposure to shops who aren't seen immediately.

i mean, i rarely play the game anymore. Cashinos (LEL MEMED) made the server into something that really doesn't hold my interest too much anymore. i occasionally pop on to hang with friends, but otherwise, i got a 50 hour work week now and pokemon nuzlocke randomizer runs to play, which are vastly more entertaining. So, my thoughts on the server have more or less faded into a what ev, his boat, paddle how he pleases.