• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • I'm old... Hi

Mort

Hello all.

The name's Mort. I'm new here but I've been playing MC for a long time. It has been several years since my last play-through and I would like to get back in to it. I did some searching on MC servers and liked the description of this community so I thought I'd give it a go.

My all time fav mod was Dimensional Doors from one of the early Feed The Beast modpacks (I think)

I'm in my mid 40's, married, have 2 kids, (one's a Sr. in High School) a dog, 41 tarantulas (yes, 41) and I used to be a hard core gamer. Being an adult and life in general kinda put a stop to that but I still like to dabble in the Winter months when I have time.

I'm looking forward to playing again but I could use some help on getting started. I'm not even sure what ver of Minecraft I have right now.

Is there a tutorial in the forums somewhere?

Hey there Mort :)
    Welcome to Vulengate!
    There are a few of us who are a little older (me included!) so you're not alone! We play on 1.14.4 with added plug-ins from admin to enhance the survival game a little. Feel free to ask any questions on discord of in game - staff are usually always around for help and the gamers also are very knowledgeable and helpful.
    Hope you enjoy your time here!
    KDK99

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. For some reason, I thought this server was going to have a modpack but obviously, that is not the case.
    I got up and running a couple of days ago and am playing on the Blue Server.
    I didn't think I was going to enjoy it without all the "tech" but, so far, so good.

Ashinos, no it is not hard to care for them at all. Caring for multiple is not very different than caring for one. The only real difference is how much time you spend on them which make caring for many of them a lot more interesting.

As for in game questions, the only one I have at the moment is how to share info about one of your items.
    For example, if I wanted to describe a fishing rod I got from a crate, how could I do that in chat?

Thanks

Hold it in your hand, and type

If you want to show it to one person, hold in hand and type /showitem nameofperson