• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Hi all! I'm new to servers.

Mike

I've been playing Minecraft for years, but this is my first time on a public server. I mostly played on versions 1.7.10, and 1.12.2.

I've been on the green server for a couple days. Managed to get the Scavenger rank with money from a fishing contest.

Anyway, I have several noob questions and was hoping to find an FAQ or Readme.

Thanks for having me, and I'll see you later on the server. Maybe Tuesday. :)

Welcome to Vulengate MIke! Ask away!
    (I also play on green!)

Ok, What's the best way for a newb to earn money? I see lots of places to buy stuff, but only the auction board to sell stuff. What kinds of things would people be interested in buying?

For voting, how does that work? Do I need to be a certain rank first? I tried clicking on things and it still says I haven't voted. What's the purpose anyway? Does it benefit the server?

How does joining a town work? Do I have to rent a house, or can I just be part of a town and live on my claimed land?

I guess that's all for now. :)

Hi. Money is best earned by using /jobs browse. Each job generates $$ as you do it. You can try to set up shops but it needs to be in a place others will see, which usually means the market or a town, both of which require rental costs. People buy all sorts of stuff.

Voting is done on external sites. The links are in the /votegui. You need to go there in your browser while playing on Vulengate and you will get vote keys when you vote.

Each server has towns set up by players. You don't have to join one. Rent and land management is done by the town's mayor and differs. For example, GentleP is the Mayor of Athens (blue server) and there are a range of options, from rented apartments and townhouses near the city centre, to free plots on the outskirts. For example, I have a shop floor in Downtown Athens (White Acre Gallery) that I pay for, and a free lot near the Stadium that is free (and under construction).

Thanks,
    I figured out the voting, and jobs. Though, it seems that I get to keep the stuff I produce and get paid. Counter-intuitive, but if that's how it works, I'm ok with it. :)

So I see that there are several rewards boxes that take keys. I also see that in the voter store there are a lot more different kinds of keys. What do they go too?

Ok. I still have some voting to do before I can buy one.

Also, what's up with areas that have been built on but not claimed? I random tp around sometimes looking for biomes and resources, and come upon farms and houses. Is there a way to tell who's they are if there's no claim or signs? Do claims expire?

Basically, unless you confirm with a mod, you're best to leave them alone. Claims do expire after a certain time under certain conditions, but the rule of thumb is that you should leave them be. If you really want to claim something you can check with a mod and they may give permission.

Ok. I don't want to claim them, It just seems weird that there would be houses and farms and such built on unclaimed land.
    I found the old crate room. Pretty neat!

More questions:
    What is mcmmo, and how does it work?
    What is the black market?

MCMMO is the jobs system I think. It's a (common?) mod.

The Black Market must be searched for. It is near spawn, across the river somewhere. Good luck! :)

Thanks Torbonator. Brett has done a great job answering most of my questions. I don't have any pressing ones at the moment. Except that I tried replying to the in game mail the other day and couldn't figure out how. But I ended up chatting with the person directly, so it didn't matter.

To change your name in chat you either need VIP or MVP rank. The difference is that MVP can use colors in their nick names.

If you are either VIP or MVP you can do /nick <name> to change your nick name

Ah. I'm only a Donor at the moment. But I'll keep that in mind. Also, finally found the black market. It was empty, but at least now I know it really exists, LOL.

One weird thing. My Voters pickaxe has started turning andesite and diorite into cobblestone. I tried 2 different Voters pickaxes with the same result. My diamond and steel pickaxes behaved normally. Weird, Eh?

Upgraded to VIP! Also, seems the pickaxe thing is a bug with auto smelt. I'll just use another pickaxe for now.

How do people get more patterns for their banners?