• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Banknotes

Would you like to see the addition of a banknote system?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TurtleSea3

I know this has been suggested before, but I don't think that this idea got the discourse it deserves.

I think that banknotes would be a really good addition to the server. You'd be able to withdraw an amount of money with a command, and then the server would give you a piece of paper (or another item) with that amount on it. Then, anyone who had that note would be able to cash it with just a press of a button.

Pros:
    - would cut down on scamming because you'd be able to do almost all transactions with /trade
    - could increase amount of trades because people feel safer now, and they don't need to create an auction or chestshop to trade a single item

Cons:
    - (as outlined here) if you drop the banknote, it's gone forever
    - could increase server lag because of the addition of another plugin (though I'm not sure if it'd be a significant amount)

Possible Solutions:
    - make banknotes undropable (only tradeable)
    - give an "are you sure?" prompt before dropping it (like in the /ah when you buy something)

All in all, I'd really like this to be added because, at least for me, whenever I trade something to someone else by just dropping the item, I have to trust the fact that they will keep their word to pay me. If I do it by putting it in the /ah, I have to hope that someone else won't buy it and the person I've been doing business with won't be left out. There's always a little anxiety when I do this, and adding banknotes would eliminate this worry entirely.